Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So...I Understand Kosher

From the tiny bit of Wikipedia I read, 'kosher' doesn't refer to Jewish people caring about the environment, going "Oh...we shouldn't eat anything with a face...". Nope, apperently how it works is they are extremely picky in what they eat, and that anything that isn't fit to their liking is 'filthy.' Ok.

No, I love Jewish people, but this just makes no sense. Thankyouverymuch.

I went to see the Lion King (Broadway!) on Sunday, which is where the name change came from. It was really great, and beautiful, and stuff.
But I have to give you the great bits.

It's important to know that I was sitting on the very right, on the balcony, in the very front. There was a mini balcony/stage built about 5 feet away from me, which was where the drummer guy had his drums.

So the play starts in on the magical song 'The Circle Of Life'.
All is great, but since that mini balcony is still, practically, stage, an actor can go up there.
Guess who came up there?
A slightly fat, slightly sweaty man, wearing nothing but an 'intermediate loincloth' (a piece of fake leather around his manly parts). He has a large stick which he is beating to the ground to 'keep rhythm.' His mask was a mountain goat, but its horns were ridicously huge, and the mouth was slightly open, revealing the sharp and shiny front teeth. It must've been great to have to drum next to him.

Another thing was when Simba and Mufasa are talking, Mufasa was discussing that 'Anything that the light touches is ours.' Simba here has to point into the crowd and say 'What about that shabby place over there?'
And yes, he pointed straight at me. Huh.

The grown-up Simba kept dancing on the (my) right of the stage, usually staring in my direction. I started to stick my toungue out at him, and he nearly cracked up on stage. Life.

So that was it for the exciting day.

People keep annoying me about 'If you don't blog, then you don't get viewers!' 'You don't blog!' 'VIEW MY MOTHER- BLOG!' ...Ok. I might. But then I might not.

Signing off.

OH, one more thing. I convinced some people that I have a 19-year-old boyfriend who lives in England called Charlie. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on. Once I find your comment, and I don't know you, you get your own post! *wink wink* x3